Wednesday, April 16, 2008

System Of A Down

I'm going to talk about Serj Tankian, the singer of System Of A Down, a well-known rock and alternative metal band. This band was formed in Glendale, in California, but all the members have Armenian origins. Their grandparents survived the Armenian genocide that was commited by Turkey. They always like to express in their songs opinions about social problems and their consequences in the society. Indeed, they are a very respected group all over the world.

In this song, LONELY DAY, the singer is very sad and he's always repeating "it's the most lonely day in my life". Maybe the singer has broken up with his girlfriend so he's sad because he's alone.
This song may have been written when one of the members of the group had problems in his real life.

On the whole, I think the singer is a little bit depressed because of his situation.

lyrics:
Here's the video

3 comments:

irune said...

The lyric is really simple but I like it because they use just enough words to express what they want. The truth is that I had never listened to System of a Down until this moment.

gabiola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gabiola said...

I had never known this band but I like this song. As Irune said the lyric is very simple I think it's more important the the rhythm of the song