Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Leicester
















It's a long time since I have lived in Leicester, I moved away when I was seventeen. Then I thought it a very boring place, not particularly big or small, just boring. However, now I think differently. There is a great cultural mix in the city with many people second, third and fourth generation immigrants.
















You can eat the best Indian food anywhere in Leicester. There are shops where you can buy material for saris, ingredients for Jamaican dishes and whole streets where Kenyan jewellers display their wares.






























The university is also an important place where students and teachers are engaged in research about space.





























And if you are in search of history, you will find some of the most important Roman remains in the whole of Europe.

No comments: